Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 29, 2009 Letter

To My Forever Child.!!!!!!!

Well, a day your mom and I have been waiting for is here. The Final Visit!! And let me just say, it couldn’t get here fast enough. We have been working so very hard at getting the house ready for the inspection and your arrival. Your room is almost ready. It just needs a few things…the other bed put together, toys, but most of all, someone to fill it. And that is YOU!! Soon, very soon, we will all be together. We want you in our lives so very much.

Last night your mom and I went and heard an amazing author and poet speak – Maya Angelou. Oh my gosh!! She has a wonderful way with words and can put the most complicated of topics easy to understand. One thing she talked about was “being a rainbow in someone’s clouds”. I have to tell you , you are a rainbow in my clouds!! Even though you are not here yet, you have made me a better person. I am so very happy that you will be a part of this family. I really believe our families will have the brightest, most colorful of all.

Guess what, it’s done. We had that final home inspection tonight. Two hours of questions about us and about how much we want you here. I could have gone on for many more hours about how important you are to us. Your mom and I feel pretty good about the visit. They tell us it will be a week or so until we get the results and can begin our search for you. I only wish I had the words to express how excited we are about having you in our lives. You should have seen how your mom lit up when we talked about having you in our family. She loves you with everything she has. And so do I…

Love You Always!!
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment