Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18, 2010 Letter from Dad

To My Aaron Michael Phares
Watching SpongeBob, helping you count to five, teaching you “tators”, hearing you say your complete name…all of these things and more have happened over the last six months. If someone would have come to me just before you arrived on that wonderful Saturday and said you will have taught you these things and more, I would have not believed it. But six months ago today we were blessed with you being placed with us…and what a half year can do to you.

AND I’M LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF BEING YOUR DAD!!!

You are growing up so fast already. You have learned so many things, even if putting me in time out is one of them. And I can tell you with all my heart that I am proud of you. I LOVE YOU so much and I hope you understand that everything I do is for you and your mom and that I will always encourage you to do what you want to in life. The other night, when mom was holding you and you reached up to the stars, trying so very hard to touch them…DON’T EVER STOP!! Don’t ever stop reaching for the stars!! You can be anything you want to be and I will do everything I can to get you there.
Six months ago we welcomed our forever child into our hearts. You have taken up that space effectively and our family became that much stronger. Your mom and I will always love you and do our best to keep you safe. We will be there when you have straight “A’s” in school, the sports you will play, the knees you will skin, the bumps, the bruises, and all of life’s journeys you will take. I can tell you that we are scared to death at the same time because we want to do what is best for you and be the best parents we can be. But we will always be there for you. Your mom is one awesome lady and I hope you think that I am an awesome dad.
Well, I think I have rambled on long enough now. We have just one more hurdle to jump. On February 8, 2010 we go to court to make it all legal. I’m so happy and excited I can’t hardly sit still…just like you at the dinner table. Your mom is just as excited. And you are going to have one heck of a cheering section in that court room. Mimi, Pop, Grammy, Grandpa and many others will be there to welcome you to the family once again. You already are a major part of this family, the paperwork is just a formality. You just have to know one thing…no matter what, your mom and I will love you today and forever! Don’t you ever forget that for one second!

All My Love “Sweetboy”,

DAD

No comments:

Post a Comment